Documents to read and understand
We hope the following checklist reminds you of the key things you need to do and bring with you to work at Broadwater farm.
- Your Tickets
- Your Passport
- Farm Contact Information
- Driving Licence (if you have one)
- National Insurance Number (if you have worked in the UK before)
- Bank Details of UK account (if you have one)
- Emergency Contact Numbers (for farm and home)
- Insurance Documents (travel etc)
- European Health Insurance Card (EU applicants)
- Medical Certificate (only necessary if you are currently taking medication or have a medical condition that we should be aware of).
Please note: the farm will make copies of the relevant documents and check your identify before returning them to you.
Some essential Items to bring
- Old/worn clothes for work
- Warm clothing
- Summer clothing
- Hat or head scarf
- Sun cream
- Sleeping Bag
- £150 in cash
- Waterproof jacket and trousers
- Waterproof footwear (wellington boots are good)
- Travel Adapter Plug
- Reading material (it is not always possible to purchase books, newspapers etc in your native language when you are in the UK)
Things to do – Before you leave home
- Read the documents at the start of this page
- Check your travel details and make sure you let the farm office know your Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA).
When you arrive
- Call your family to let them know you arrived safely.
- Attend an induction talk and pay very close attention to the Health and Safety section.
- Settle into your accommodation and meet your new friends and workmates and start work.